Do you know about Menstrual Hygiene Day, which is observed annually on May 28th?
This Saturday is Menstrual Hygiene Day, which will be observed on May 28, 2022. If you are new to this topic, explore the blog to learn more about Menstrual Hygiene Day. Check out the various ways to celebrate this wonderful day with your loved ones: Magnificent Mothers, Sweet Sisters, and Wonderful Wives.
This article will give you a brief about “What is the meaning of Menstrual Hygiene Day?”, “How did it begin?”, “Why is Menstrual Hygiene Day Celebrated?”, and “How can you commemorate Menstrual Hygiene Day?”
Menstrual Hygiene Day
Breaking down menstrual taboos and raising awareness of the necessity of appropriate menstrual hygiene management around the world. Menstrual Hygiene Day (MHD, MH Day in short) is a yearly basis awareness day held on May 28 to emphasize the need for excellent menstrual hygiene management (MHM).
The menstrual cycle is among the most important bodily processes that a woman goes through. As a result, it’s no surprise that we get excited about our first period, often overlooking the importance of maintaining proper menstrual hygiene.
What Menstrual Hygiene Day is?
Each year on May 28, the world commemorates Menstrual Hygiene Day. This unique day is devoted to educating and informing the community about the benefits of managing menstrual hygiene (MHM).
Menstrual Hygiene Day was chosen for May 28 because most women’s menstrual cycles last 28 days and their menstruation phase last five days each month.
How did it start?
Menstruation, although becoming a normal yet healthy biological process, keeps going to threaten females’ basic human rights throughout many areas due to discrimination against women and inadequate sanitary circumstances.
Many women and girls continue to lack access to menstruation products and perhaps a clean toilet and clean water in which to clean themselves privately. Women and girls who do not have access to safe, private, and respectful menstruation sanitation may skip normal daily activities, be shunned by their families, or be humiliated by their societies, further marginalizing them commonly, monetarily, and legally.
Without menstruation items, women and girls are compelled to utilize makeshift materials to regulate the periods, such as shredded items of fabric & trash, which might cause diseases.
Why is Menstrual Hygiene Day celebrated?
As per the WASH Organization, a German non-profit organization and originator of something like the Menstrual Hygiene Day, the reason for commemorating the day on May 28 would be that the chosen based of a menstrual period is 28 days, as well as ladies, menstruate an average of 5 days each month, and May seems to be the fifth month of the year.
WASH United, a German-based NGO, ran a 28-days social media campaign in May 2013 to raise awareness about menstruation. People were drawn to this campaign, so they decided to establish an awareness and understanding day for mensuration. People throughout the world observed this day for the first time on May 28, 2014, by holding exhibitions, rallies, seminars, lectures, and screenings.
Another purpose for celebrating Menstrual Hygiene Day is to raise awareness about menstruation. There are still many underprivileged or impoverished areas where menstrual education is essential. Menstrual Hygiene Day is a Bloody Bold initiative by people in the health sector and government sector.
According to studies, 71% of teenage girls in India are unaware of menstruation until they reach menarche.
The 28th of May is Menstrual Hygiene Day every year. Mostly, The average menstrual cycle lasts 28 days.
May is just the 5th month of each year, and there are five bleeding days on average per month.
1.8 billion is the estimated global population of menstruation women, girls, and gender non-binary persons.
The number of individuals worldwide who do not have a permit for essential sanitation is 2.3 billion.
How can you celebrate Menstrual Hygiene Day?
Break the stereotypes, and celebrate Menstrual Hygiene Day on 28th May 2022, this year. Step into creating more awareness with your loved ones. Check out the following ways:-
- Participate in a Different Discussion Session on the 28th of May about Menstruation.
- Watch the Menstrupedia web series by Blush Originals. It’s freely available on the Blush youtube channel. Explore the different facts and share them with others as well for creating more awareness.
- Choose brands like Amtrue and buy their Menstrual Kit. Gift that kit to your sisters, mothers, female friends, girlfriends, daughters, and cousins.
- Invest in some programs initiated by UNICEF, like MAHIMA (Menstrual Health and Hygiene Management for Adolescents Girls Project) and GARIMA Group.
- Post some informational facts on this Menstrual Hygiene Day with the Hashtags #WeAreCommited #menstrualhygieneday & #MHDay2022 and be a part of this new change.
Lastly, Make a statement that celebrates Menstrual Hygiene Day this year on 28th May 2022 with full enthusiasm. Make a chance together with AmTrue, A Made an India Brand that makes Made In Indian menstrual products which have no chemicals as well as toxins
AMTRUE BEST UNISEX INTIMATE WASH (100 ML)
AMTRUE CUP WITH CUP WASH- WOMEN HYGIENE PRODUCT
|Pad Free| Eco-Friendly| Hygiene Product|
- Amtrues female hygiene product is one of the most convenient and effective ways to freshen up.
- Q-Cup with Cup Wash is a great addition to your daily routine. It helps to cleanse, sanitize and freshen your vagina.
- Cup Wash protects your hands from germs when washing Menstrual cup.
AMTRUE MENSTRUAL CUP CLEANSER (100 ML)
AMTRUE MENSTRUAL CUP FOAM WASH WITH INTIMATE WASH FOR WOMEN(100ML)
|Prevents Discoloration | Women Intimate Wash|
- Amtrues intimate wash is a multi-purpose personal hygiene product that cleanses, soothes, and moisturizes the intimate area.
- Amtrues Cup wash is free from harsh chemicals, detergent and other unwanted ingredients, it is safe to use while cleaning your menstrual cup or general hygiene needs.
AMTRUE MENSTRUAL CUP WASH (100 ml Pack of 2)
AMTRUE MENSTRUAL CUP WITH INTIMATE WASH(100ml) AND CUP WASH(100ml)
|Women Care Kit Combo| Cup Foam Wash |Menstrual Cup Discount|
- AmTrue's menstrual cup are made for every kind of woman in best price. We've got three sizes, so you can fit it exactly how you want.
- AmTrue's Cup Wash and Intimate wash becoming more popular due to their eco-friendly and cost-effective nature.
- AmTrue's Cup Wash are specially designed for the feminine hygiene; Improved product quality, color and fragrances.
- AmTrue's Intimate Wash is perfect wash for daily use, or when you're expecting, particularly after your period to help lower the risk of vaginal infections.
AMTRUE NATURAL INTIMATE WASH (100 ML Pack of 2)
|Natural Intimate Wash |Paraben Free |Used for all skin Type|
- This natural intimate wash is free from preservatives, phthalates and paraben.
- Amtrues Intimate wash is a gentle, foaming cleanser that helps maintain the natural pH balance.
- In Amtrues Intimate Wash there are natural ingredients like aloe and Tea Tree oil, it's sure to help soothe your skin while keeping you fresh.
AMTRUE Q-CUP (COMBO)
|Menstrual Hygiene| Leakage Free| Best Menstrual Cup|
- Amtrue is the best brand for menstrual Cup, It is designed for optimal comfort and easy removal.
- Amtrues Q-Cup offers an alternative to pads, tampons.
- It is made up of medical grade soft silicone which is non toxic, odorless and comfortable to wear.
AMTRUE REUSABLE MENSTRUAL CUP
AMTRUE SOFT MENSTRUAL CUP WITH INTIMATE WASH
|Female Hygiene Product| Flexible Cup| Foam Intimate Wash|
- Amtrues Soft Period Cup is not only user friendly and easy to use, but also a long term solution for women who are looking for a more comfortable, reliable and hygienic period care.
- Intimate Wash works to cleanse and protect against skin infections like yeast and urinary tract infections.
- It is a concentrated formula with active ingredients that help gently clean your intimate area, leaving you feeling completely fresh.